Red White And Blue Meringue Cookies
I love, love, love meringue cookies! This is a super simple recipe you will see me use often. In my opinion, meringue cookies don’t taste that great, but they are super easy, once you get the hang of them and are impressive to look at. These are great for get-togethers or anywhere you want people to thing you really know your stuff in the kitchen. You can also get super creative with different piping tips and pies. You can add flavoring and colors to these cookies. The longer you mix them, the stiffer they will get. So, you can really decide the stiffness yourself. My kids LOVE these. I haven’t decided if they really like them or if they like the idea of them and how super cute they are Well, enjoy and have fun! Make these your own.
Gather your ingredients:
- 4 eggs whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Red food coloring gel
- Blue food coloring gel
- Add the egg whites, sugar, vanilla and cream of tartar to the metal bowl of a stand mixer . Place over a medium saucepan of simmering water and wisk until the sugar melts and the mixture is almost clear.
- Place the bowl into the stand mixer and using the whisk attachment, wisk until the meringue is glossy and stiff.
- Using a small paint brush, brush a line of red food coloring from the piping tip up the inside of the bag. Repeat with the blue on the opposite side of the bag. Fill the bag with the meringue and pipe onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the oven preheated to 200 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven carefully and allow to cool cool completely.