DIY No Sew Superhero Cape
This was another super fun project we decided to test out for the Color Vibe in Lafayette next month. This DIY Superhero cape would also be perfect for Mardi Gras, Halloween, or just boys dress up fun! My son is 10 and still thought this was a lot of fun There are tons of no sew cape ideas out on the web and we kind of did a compilation of a few we saw on the web and one that a freind of ours showed us. This really is so easy; you can make it as simple or complicated as you like. I can already see sparkles and glitter coming for my girls. He was a little embarrassed that I made him go outside in it for pictures LOL In the end, it was a lot of fun for everyone! Now, we’re all ready to get dressed up for the Color Vibe next month! I hope you enjoy this project as much as we did
Gather your supplies:
- Fabric glue
- Red, white, & blue felt squares (They sell them in the craft section at Walmart for $0.25 each)
- White t-shirt one size larger than the person you’re making the cape for wears
- Circle cut out ~ You can print my pattern HERE
Get to creating:
- Lay the t-shirt out flat and cut along the side, under the arm of the shirt then cut along the back of the arm and along the shoulder seam and neck seam. Cut down the other side of the tshirt until all that is left is the neck band and back of the shirt.
- Cut out 3 different size circles in alternating red and white from larger to smaller as seen in the picture below.
- Glue the large red circle to the t-shirt then glue the smaller white circle to the large red circle, then glue the smallest red circle to the white circle until you have a red/white stripe/circle pattern.
- Cut out the letter of your child’s first name in blue felt and glue to the center of the red and white pattern as seen below.
- Allow the glue to dry for 4 hours then enjoy! You will still be able to slip the top of the t-shirt over the child’s head, which worked out perfectly for us