Strawberry Pretzel Bars
These strawberry pretzel bars are a staple around our house during strawberry season. It’s time to make all the strawberry dishes you can 😀 Strawberries will be at their cheapest and sweetest in the coming weeks and it’s a great time to make desserts or even freeze strawberries for later use. This is another favorite of my kids’! My husband loves this dessert too.
Gather Your ingredients:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (thin sticks work best)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks or 12 Tablespoons) butter or margarine(room temperature)
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 package (6 ounce) strawberry flavor gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese(room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 cups sliced strawberries(fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Crush pretzels with a rolling pin or food processor. Combine crushed pretzels with 1/4 cup sugar and butter.
With a spoon, press pretzel mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan for crust. Bake 6 to 10 minutes
until lightly browned then cool completely.
- Pour boiling water over strawberry gelatin. Stir until melted and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar then fold in whipped topping until combined. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
- Add strawberries to cooled gelatin and let thicken slightly. Spread strawberries and gelatin over cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares to serve.