Minnie or Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
We are throwing a huge DisneySide shindig next month and have been experimenting with some of our favorite recipes we have been seeing around the web. I saw these super cute Minnie or Mickey Mouse Cupcakes on a few blogs and decided to put my own spin on them. By putting my own spin on them; I totally mean making them the easiest way possible 😀 I was very surprised at how easy they were and am definitely going to make them for our party next month. This was my first time working with Wilton White Ready To Use Decorator Icing and I have to say, it was so much easier than any icing I have ever used in the past. One 4.5 tub will probably make about 4-5 batches of these and my batch was 18 cupcakes.
Gather your supplies:
- Your favorite cake mix
- Red fondant (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, but you can also find it here)
- Small fondant roller (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, but you can also find them here)
- Bow shaped fondant cutter (We bought ours at Hobby Lobby, but you can also find it here)
- White icing (I bought mine at Walmart, but you can find it here)
- Cupcake icing tip (I have the set sold here)
- Icing bag
- Red and white cupcake holders (I bought mine at Walmart, but you can find them here)
Get to baking!
- Bake your cupcakes in your red and white liners as directed on the box or recipe of your choice.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, use the tip of your choice to ice the cupcakes with white icing
- Place the ears on the icing as shown
- If you’re making the Minnie Mouse cupcakes; roll out the fondant and mold them with the fondant cutter.
- Place the bows on top of the cupcakes in front of one ear