Have Fun This Easter Making Edible Easter Slime From PEEPS®
Have Fun This Easter Making Edible Easter Slime From PEEPS®! Are your kiddos obsessed with the gazillion slime recipes out there? My girls are, so we decided to try our hand at making edible slime with PEEPS this year.
Peeps have been a long-standing Easter tradition in our house, much like many others. I was excited when I was asked to share how we use PEEPS during Easter. Honestly, we usually just EAT them! I have been wanting to try a few new recipes with them and this kind of pushed me to do just that. Since my daughter, Hannah, makes slime weekly and is always trying new recipes; I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to put her imagination to work. I perused Pinterest and Facebook to see what other people were saying about PEEPS edible slime and decided to just work with a few of the key ingredients I was seeing used the most to see what we could come up with.
I’m going to give this disclosure before sharing how we made this slime. It is messy and sticky. All slime is messy and sticky. This was not any messier than other slime we have made, but it was definitely stickier. Adding more oil and sugar helps with the stickiness. I was amazed at how many different colors and flavors of PEEPS nd Chicks are out this year. There. Are. So. Many.
These were a few of our favorite flavors that we tried out: PEEPS® Delights™ Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in Milk Chocolate, PEEPS® Delights™ Strawberry Flavored Marshmallow Chicks Dipped in Crème Flavored Fudge, PEEPS® Sour Watermelon Flavored Marshmallow Chicks, PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks, PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks Rainbow POPs, PEEPS® Large Marshmallow Bunnies, PEEPS® Milk Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks, PEEPS® Giant Pink and White Bunny Marshmallow Pops, and MIKE AND IKE® Assorted Fruits Jelly Beans!
The fruit flavored and chocolate covered PEEPS were definitely a favorite around our house. We haven’t tried the sugar free Chicks yet, but would love to hear from any of you who have. How were they? Right now you can get a great discount over at the PEEPS website. Just enter “EASTER18” for a 20% discount on merchandise – pick up fun gifts like the PEEP-On-A-Perch gift set or our new PEEPS® In Pajamas bedtime story!
Now, to make the slime!
Gather your supplies:
- 6 PEEPS or Chicks
- 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup Tablespoons of powdered sugar
Get to making:
- Okay, here’s the fun part. You’re going to start by putting the PEEPS or Chicks in a microwave-safe bowl and microwaving on high for 20 seconds. The PEEPS should puff up when they get heated.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave and pour the tablespoon of oil onto the candy and stir.
- Roll the greasy, sticky mess (LOL) in the powdered sugar and start pulling until it is the desired consistency. Hannah would pull the slime then dip again, until it was perfect. It did get to a great consistency she could pull and play with. Then she ate it!
If you loved this great, fun Easter treat, give these others a try: