Get the Most out of Black Friday!
Get the Most out of Black Friday! Black Friday has definitely become a force to be reckoned with! Having been part of the madness every year for the last 10 years; I can tell you that you will definitely fare much better if you put a little planning into your day.
I decided to compile a very short list of the most important things to keep in mind while you’re out shopping black Friday (which will start on Thursday) deals! You DO NOT want to go out without using these great tips! You can find all of your Black Friday ads HERE!
1. Take a partner, or 2, or 3 🙂 Get your friend or friends to tag along. It’s always more fun and just safer to go in two’s.
2. Know when the sale starts: Black Friday sales are starting as early as Thursday afternoon this year. Know when your sale starts and plan to be there BEFORE it starts.
3. DO NOT TAKE CHILDREN: Black Friday shopping is not for small children. If you cannot find a babysitter for your little ones; it is best to stay out of the large crowds. I recommend not taking anyone under the age of 13 with you to large stores during the height of the sales.
4. DON’T FORGET YOUR COUPONS: Many of the items you are shopping for, including toys and apparel, will have coupons coming out in the days and weeks leading up to the big sales. Be sure to print, clip, and sort them all to maximize your savings.
5. PRICE MATCH: Many stores will be matching competitors prices for Black Friday items ONLY during the time that the sale is live. Many times you are better off going to a competing store and matching the price of the item you’re trying to score to beat the crowd at the store where the item is actually on sale. Walmart, Target, and Best Buy will not be price matching during the week of Black Friday for 2018.
6. DON’T FORGET THE BIG 3: Some of my BEST deals in the past have been at Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid. Don’t forget that these stores often have TONS of freebies to score on Black Friday!
7. Shop Online: Many of the same items that are available in stores on Black Friday are also available at the online store. This is a great way to beat the crowds! I will be taking my laptop shopping with me this year 🙂
8. Know what NOT to buy on Black Friday: Make no mistake about it; Black Friday brings some amazing deals, but there are some things you just don’t want to buy on Black Friday; mostly because there will be much bigger deals during a different time of year. Here are a few things I believe you should not buy when you’re out Black Friday shopping:
- Winter clothes ~ They will be on sale at the end of the season
- Christmas decorations ~ Again, they will be on sale, at a much deeper discount, after Christmas.
- Name brand TV ~ If you’re out looking for a great deal on an off brand TV, then Black Friday is your time, but if you have a specific brand in mind, wait until the Super Bowl sales start in January.
- Fitness equipment ~ The makers of fitness equipment are very aware that the New Year is on the horizon and so are New Year’s resolutions. Wait until January to get the best deals on that fitness equipment.
- Gift Cards ~ Wait until December. Many retailers will give bonus cards and extra incentives for gift card purchases as Christmas day gets closer. So, be patient and wait another week for those great deals!
Get all of your Black Friday ads HERE!