Easy Peasy Taco Manicotti
This easy peasy taco manicotti is such a fun dish to make. The kids love it because the pasta is full of goodness and it’s so different! This is so much easier to make than you could imagine. I can remember looking at manicotti recipes long before I ever tried making it myself and I never thought I’d be able to create something so yummy from these big round noodles. I was wrong and I was able to create some pure deliciousness with very little effort. Now, my family begs for this dish and I am more than happy to accommodate! I hope you enjoy this easy peasy taco manicotti as much as we do 😀
Gather your ingredients:
- 1 # ground beef
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- Sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
Get to cooking:
- Cook ground beef in medium skillet on medium – medium/high until brown then drain off excess fat/grease.
- Add salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder to the ground beef and stir until combined.
- Stuff each manicotti shell with beef mixture and lay in 13X9 inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour salsa and water over stuffed manicotti shells, cover with foil, and bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Carefully remove dish from the oven, cover shells with cheese and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and serve hot.
- Garnish with sour cream, tomatoes, onions, and black olives.