DIY Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
DIY Homemade Dishwasher Detergent. You are absolutely going to love this DIY Homemade Dishwasher Detergent that you can make at home with just 2 ingredients!
So, you want to be thrifty, but coupons aren’t enough or you simply want to save more! If you ‘re like me, you just like trying new stuff 🙂 Well, today I tried a recipe I have been wanting to try for a while. Homemade laundry detergent. There are countless variations of this recipe, but if you know me; you know that I go for simple and efficient. This recipe is BOTH! My dishes came out cleaner than with the brand name detergent I normally use. Are you ready for this?!
- Mix equal parts of both (I only used 1/2 cup of each because I wasn’t sure if I’d like it):
- Arm & Hammer Washing Soda (not baking soda, it’s not the same thing)
- Borax (I use the Mule brand)
- VOILA! There you have it!
- ~Use 2 tablespoons of the mixture per full load of dishes.~
* I recommend using 2 tablespoons of white vinegar as a rinse agent also because some people have complained of a film on their dishes.
Check out these other great posts from Acadiana’s Thrifty Mom: