This is a project on Pinterest and had to try it for myself!
This was SUPER-D-DUPER easy to make and even more fun for
my kids to eat. Here’s how I made them; feel free to change
it up with your own deviled egg recipe 🙂
> 6 hard boiled eggs (cooled to room temperature)
> 2 tablespoons mayo
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1/2 tsp black pepper
> chopped carrot pieces (for the beak)
> chopped black olive pieces (for the eyes)
1. Cut the tops off of the boiled eggs (about 1/3 of the length of the egg)
2. Scoop the yolk out of the egg into a bowl and mash with a fork.
3. Add mayo, salt, and pepper and mix.
4. Fill the bottom (larger) portion of the egg with the mixture with about 1/2 inch
heaping out of the top.
5. Place the top (smaller portion) of the egg on top and tilt it so that it looks like
baby chick is poking out.
6. Place the eyes and beak and VOILA! There you have it! A wonderful treat for Easter brunch 🙂