Clean Eating Pear Quesadilla
We have our latest creation on our clean eating journey. I cooked this one up yesterday on a whim and it turned our FABULOUS! My mother, daughter and I all loved it. I made it for lunch and we all agreed it was probably more of a dessert food. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.
Gather your ingredients:
4 whole grain tortillas (10 in.)
2 T raw honey
4 oz. grated low fat mozzarella cheese
2t coconut oil
1 small pear, cored and sliced ( you can peel it if you like although it is not necessary as pear skin is very soft)
Get to cooking:
- Place tortillas on a work surface and spread 1T honey on each on two of them.
- Coat bottom of large nonstick skillet with 1t of coconut oil and heat on medium.
- Place 1 plain tortilla in each skillet and sprinkle each surface with 1 oz of cheese then arrange 1/2 pear slices over top, then sprinkle with 2 T raisins, 1/2t cinnamon, and another ⅓ cup layer of cheese.
- Place 1 tortilla with honey, honey side down, over layered tortilla in skillet and gently press with a spatula to seal. Allow to cook on medium for 10 minutes.
- Gently flip quesadilla and cook other side until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer quesadilla to a cutting board and slice into quarters. I use a pizza cutter 😀
- Repeat 1-5 with ingredients left 😀