Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider
I’m going to be honest with y’all, this slow cooker hot apple cider is my regular hot apple cider recipe that I adapted to my slow cooker. I love cooking holiday beverages in the slow cooker because I can leave them on warm all day while people are coming in and out and they will have a warm drink all day long. This hot apple cider will make your house smell amazing and get everyone in the holiday mood! We always make this when we’re decorating Christmas cookies.
Gather your ingredients:
- 6 medium/large apples (I use whatever is on sale)
- 1 small orange
- 1 vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- cheese cloth or fine strainer
Get to cooking:
- Cut the apples and orange into quarters and add to the crock pot.
- Add cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, and cloves. Add enough water to cover the fruit.
- Cook on high heat 3-4 hours.
- After the cider is finished cooking, carefully scoop out the fruit and strain the liquid into a heat-proof bowl.
- Once all of the particles are strained out of the liquid, add the liquid back to the crock pot to keep warm and discard the solids.
- Add 2 cups of water and sugar. I used 1/2 cup of sugar, but you can adjust to your, personal, taste.
- Keep in crock pot on “warm” all day 🙂 You can refrigerate for about a week or freeze for several months.
25 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider”
That sounds so good. Perfect for chilly winter nights.
Sounds like a gret recipe to try during the chilly months.
My husband loves apple cider. That is a good way to make it and it would smell great.
OOOOOkay so that’s how it’s made…..I am having a Christian Columbus moment here, bear with me….LOL
This sounds heavenly I love hot apple juice so this would probably taste just as good!
Awesome! I’d love to try making an apple cider. It’s definitely something that I don’t mind drinking regularly!
i never thought about using my slow cooker to make hot apple cider. i am going to need to try this
Oh my, that looks so yummy!
Looks absolutely good. My hubby was a huge fan of apple cider
Such wonderful recipe. My mom would love it.
Looks yummy and delicious! My husband and I really love apples.
That sounds easy to cook at home. Thanks for sharing
I love apple cider, but I’ve never tried making it on my own. I would love to try your recipe.
I love Apple cider! It sure does have a really nice aroma when you add cinnamon and vanilla on it.
I’m not much of a cider drinker, but it might be good to have for guests.
ooooh Yum! On a cold nigh there’s nothing better. Your picture of the apples is really good. I can taste it just looking at those apples.
What a perfecy cold weather drink. Sounds delish!!
Omg nothing better than a glass of cider on a cold evening! So giving your recipe a try!
Sounds delicious – pinned and shared.
This sounds delicious! Who doesn’t love homemade hot apply cider? I am definitely going to make this for our next family night. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday this week!
I love hot apple cider! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
This sounds so good! I bet it smells heavenly too… I can’t wait to try it!
Yum! And I bet this makes the house smell LOVELY!!! Perfect snowy day recipe.
Your Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider looks awesome! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday!