Nutella ~ Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastry!
We made this Nutella ~ Cream Cheese Breakfast Pastry this week and they were delicious! This is a variation of several recipes I have found and played around with to find the perfect blend of Nutella, cream cheese, and sugar. These were super easy peasy and my kids LOVE them. My husband and I love them too LOL These are great for brunch parties and holidays. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did 😀
Gather your ingredients:
- 1 cup Nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (thawed)
Get to cooking:
- Place your frozen puff pastry in the refrigerator the night before to thaw.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix cream cheese (room temperature) and powdered sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- Unfold both sheets of puff pastry and cut into 18 squares just like below (I use a pizza cutter)
- Gently press out each square as you add 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon of Nutella in each square.
- Gently fold the pastry over the filling and press edges together. *Hint ~ brushing the edges with warm water helps the edges seal and stay together.
- Place the pastries on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- ENJOY! Best eaten while still warm 😀