Creamy Lemon Cupcakes With Blueberry Frosting
Since I started experimenting with combinations for cupcakes, cakes, and cookies; this has quickly become a favorite around our house! My kids all love cupcakes and, with my secret weapon for making the most moist cupcakes ever, they love them for more than just the frosting. They love the cupcake too!
Gather your ingredients
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box lemon instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 sticks butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.2 oz freeze dried blueberries (You can get these at Whole Foods or Amazon)
Get to mixing
- Mix cake mix, eggs, oil, water and pudding mix together on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill 24 cupcake cups 1/2 full with batter.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350° for 25-30 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool. I always cool them in the refrigerator because that locks in the moisture better than allowing them to cool on the counter top.
- While cupcakes are cooling, pulverize your blueberries in a food processor.
- Mix butter and cream cheese together on low for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Mix powdered sugar into cream cheese mixture 1/2 cup at a time until well blended.
- Add blueberries, lemon juice and vanilla extract to frosting mixture and mix on medium for one minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix on medium for one additional minute.
- Add icing to piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes or just spread it with a spoon and enjoy!