Craft or Popsicle Stick Puzzles
We had a blast making these Craft/popsicle stick puzzles! We were recently looking at puzzles in the store to buy for the kids and I was very surprised to see that many of the larger puzzles are over $20 a piece! To me, that is crazy! The kids and I started looking for ways to entertain and learn without breaking the bank. With 3 kids; even the cheapest toys can become very expensive very quickly. Besides, my kids think I’m a genius when I make anything for them LOL This project needs to be done with very close supervision by an adult.
Gather your supplies:
- 5×7 printed picture (We used Disney movie pictures we printed from the internet)
- Popsicle/craft sticks (we used the wide ones)
- Spray adhesive
- Tape (use either scotch or masking)
- Exacto/craft knife
- Cutting surface (we used cardboard)
Get to crafting:
- Lay popsicle sticks side-by-side on top of the picture you want to make into a puzzle. We used 10 wide sticks for a standard 5×7 picture.
- Use two straight edges to tap the sticks until they are lined up evenly and close (we used books).
- Replace misshapen craft sticks so your puzzle will lay flat.
- Carefully place tape across the lined-up popsicle sticks you are going to need to flip the sticks, so be generous with the tape 😀
- Spray the back of the picture generously with spray adhesive (this step is for the adults).
- Slowly lay your picture on top of the craft sticks and press flat with hands.
- Allow to dry for at least one hour
- Using a Exacto knife, cut between each stick. This is something for the adults.
- Separate each stick and shuffle them up!
- Enjoy! My kids had a BLAST with them
We placed ours in labeled ziplock bags for easy storage.