Southwest Chicken Casserole
This Southwest Chicken Casserole is an amazing staple around our house! Everyone in my house loves anything with a Mexican flare. Chicken is so much more affordable than beef these days, so I look for any recipes that call for chicken. Even if you’re eating organic; organic chicken is priced much better than organic beef 😀 I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
Gather your ingredients
- 4 chopped/cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) cream soup. I use 1 cream of chicken and 1 cream of celery, but you can use your favorite
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
Get to cooking
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Mix the chicken, soup, tomatoes and green chiles, beans, corn and seasoning mix in a large bowl.
- Layer half the chicken mixture, 2 cups tortilla chips and half the cheese in the baking dish. Layer with the remaining chicken mixture and tortilla chips. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbling and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with the chopped tomato, green onion before serving.