This project was so much fun and surprisingly EASY! I have seen these all over the place and decided to attempt my own. I did put my own spin on it since I am convinced that this will not last through the Christmas season without the cardboard reinforcement I used. You can decorate these as you see fit. It cost me around $5 to make this one. I would not recommend hanging these on a door as they will be fragile.
Gather your supplies:
- 20 Candy canes
- Hot glue gun
- 1 Cardboard circle 4 – 6 inches in diameter
- Bows, flowers, beads, ribbon, etc. for decoration
Get to crafting!:
1. Glue candy canes in two’s back to back until you have 10 sets of 2 like you see here:
2. Tie bows, ribbons, etc onto your candy canes in sets of 2.
3. Glue the candy canes in the shape of a heart until you have a wreath. Glue the tips together and the bottom of the candy canes onto the cardboard for stability like below.
4. Decorate your wreath as you want and make it your own!