Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
You may have noticed that I am in love with pinwheel recipes lately. These Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are so perfect for just about everything! Right now we are preparing for the Broncos to be in the playoff game, but these are also perfect for holidays, family gatherings, picnics, camping, and lunch boxes. This recipe was so, super easy and it is not spicy at all the way I make them. Of course, you can spice them up if you’re looking for a little more heat. It will not hurt the recipe if you want to add more hot sauce or even dice up some jalapeno peppers into the mix. You can add what you want to make it your, personal favorite recipe. This mix would even be great added into a tortilla and served as a cold wrap. There is no reason why this filling must be cooked or warm when served. You can serve with ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing for dipping. Add a few carrots and celery on the side and you have a perfect tailgating meal 😀 I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did.
Gather your ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast (chopped)
- 6 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 cup cheddar jack cheese shredded
- 1 can crescent rolls or crescent dough
Get to cooking:
- Mix chicken breast, cream cheese, and celery seed until well blended, then add cheddar jack cheese until well combined.
- Unroll crescent rolls or crescent dough sheet onto cookie sheet prepared with non-stick cooking spray and spread chicken/cheese mixture, lengthwise, onto dough leaving about 1 inch across the top without any filling.
- Begin rolling the dough, with filling, from the bottom into a “pinwheel” roll. The roll will be the entire length of the dough.
- Wrap the roll in parchment paper and allow to “set” in the refrigerator for at least an hour or up to 12 hours.
- After the roll is set, remove from refrigerator and place on parchment paper on cutting board. Slice dough into “pinwheels” about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Lay pinwheels, flat side down, onto a cookie sheet prepared with non-stick cooking spray. You will make about 12 pinwheels.
- Place cookie sheet, with pinwheels, into oven preheated to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, then carefully remove and place pan on heat-proof surface.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then remove pinwheels.
- Serve with your favorite veggies and dip and ENJOY!