3 Ingredient Taffy Apple Grapes
I am completely in love with these 3 ingredient Taffy Apple Grapes! I think you will be too. My kids love them. My husband loves them. Everyone in our house LOVES Taffy Apple Grapes. My kids are so excited when they come home from school and I’ve made these for them. You are not going to believe how easy and portable they are.
They are perfect for school (if you have a school that allows nuts) or outings. We take these to baseball with us and pop them in the cooler. They are also a pretty healthy option as far as kids and snacking go. You can change it up and make them your own. Experiment with different types of nuts or even graham cracker crumbs. These will become a favorite of your family in no time!
Gather your ingredients:
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts (I like using salted)
- 2 cups of grapes
- 2 tsp of shortening (this is optional, but helps thin the chocolate for easier dipping)
Get to dipping:
- Rinse your grapes and allow them to dry in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place peanuts in a quart size freezer bag and seal. Gently hit the peanuts with rolling pin (or something similar) until the peanuts are crushed.
- Melt your chocolate chips and shortening in a non-stick pan placed inside a pan of gently boiling water. Stir constantly until melted (about 5 minutes)
- Carefully remove the chocolate from the stove and place beside the grapes and crushed peanuts on the counter top.
- Use a toothpick to dip the grape halfway in the chocolate, removing any excess with a gentle tap before dipping in the peanuts.
- Once the chocolate on the grape is completely covered in peanuts, place on parchment paper. You can either leave the toothpick in the grapes for eating or remove them.
- Serve while cold and ENJOY!
Check out these other great posts from Acadiana’s Thrifty Mom: