Layered Cornbread Salad #SaveALotInsiders
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Save-A-Lot. This could include Save-A-Lot providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
I was given the fun task of creating a new spring salad recipe for Save A Lot Insiders! I am such a huge fan of layered salads and make my 7 layer salad every chance I get. I have seen a cornbread salad in a lot of different places and decided to incorporate two of my favorite foods; 7 layer salad and corn bread! This turned out amazing and I just couldn’t wait to share it with all of you 😀 I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
I have to say, our Save A Lot in Opelousas has some of the best produce around and they definitely have the best prices. If you haven’t checked out Save A Lot lately, you really should give them a shot!
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
For the pico de gallo:
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 medium purple onion
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper (seeded)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (or cilantro)
- Juice of 1 lime
- garlic salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 (7.5 oz)box cornbread mix prepared according to directions on box, cooled, and crumbled.
- 3 cups canned or frozen corn
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 head chopped iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 12 oz. bacon cooked, crumbled & cooled
- Chop tomato, jalapeno, onion, and parsley (or cilantro) and mix with lime juice, garlic salt, & pepper.
- Prepare the dressing (I use a Mason jar to add the ingredients and shake) and chill for about an hour.
- Mix bell pepper with corn.
- Begin to layer with 1/3 of the lettuce, then 1/3 cornbread, 1/3 pico de gallo, 1/3 corn, 1/3 beans, 1/3 cheddar cheese, then 1/3 bacon. Repeat this process until all of the ingredients are used.
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve cold and ENJOY!