5 Ways To Keep The Cold Or Flu From Ruining Your Holiday Plans
5 Ways To Keep The Cold Or Flu From Ruining Your Holiday Plans. With The Holidays and Cold and Flu Season here; it is important to help your family prepare. There are steps you can take to help your family stay healthy and lower their chances of contracting the cold or flu virus. These tips will also help cut down on sick time overall this holiday season.
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Vicks at Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.
The holidays are here, and everyone is swamped! There are family dinners, company parties, Holiday plays with the kids and it seems endless. With so many events happening between now and then, nobody has time for sickness. That’s why it is so important to try and implement some healthy habits, especially during the holidays. Here are a few ways to keep those germs at bay:
- Drink plenty of water – Staying hydrated is the #1 way I help my family stay healthy year ’round. This is often overlooked as a great first line of defense against viruses and fatigue.
- Get your rest – Sleep is essential to any healthy body. When you sleep, your body recharges and even heals itself. So get your sleep, even if it means missing out on something.
- Take your vitamins – Don’t forget vitamin C! Your daily vitamins can be huge help in your battle to fight off Cold and Flu germs. So, be sure to take them on a regular basis and at the same time each day.
- Ditch the junk food – It is so tempting, during the holidays, to eat more junk every day. We’re busier and there are tons of goodies everywhere we turn. Keep an apple or banana on hand. They’re easily portable and can keep your cravings at bay. Healthy food can keep our immune systems working great and help us fight off unwanted viruses.
- Ask for help – If you feel like you have too much on your plate, you probably do! Ask someone for help. Get a neighbor or family member to take your little one to practice. Go to a friend’s house for dinner to keep from having to cook now and then. Anything you can do to get help is going to help your body stay healthy.
Did you know that the symptoms of Cold and Flu symptoms can last as long as a week?! That makes it even more important to stock up on your sickness essentials—like Vicks at Walmart—now! Get prepared so you don’t have to skip a beat. Vick’s products provide relief from the toughest cough, cold, and flu symptoms. Plus, products with new VapoCool provide a rush of Vick’s vapors. When you get your Vicks Holiday Fix, those symptoms won’t keep you down for long. Plus, right now there are plenty of ways to save on Vicks at Walmart:
- $1 off any Vicks product at Walmart (except drops, Sinex, and ZzQuil) – BrandSAVER coupon from the 11/25 newspaper
- $1 off Vicks Nyquil at Walmart – iBotta offer
- $0.75 off Vicks VapoDrops at Walmart – iBotta offer
- Bonus $1.25 rebate when you use both iBotta offers