Easy Peasy Firecracker Pretzel Sticks
If you are like me and always looking for the easiest recipes that look adorable, then I have the perfect recipe for you! I’m not much on candy making, just because I don’t have the patience for it. These pretzel sticks are so easy, though, you’re going to love them! The super awesome thing about them is the versatility of this recipe. You can use white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate. You can use any color candy melt that suits your need or the holiday you are celebrating. These are perfect for Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, you name it! I’ve even made Easter and Christmas versions of this super fun treat! So, get to making and have fun with it!
These were so easy and so much fun to make! Even my kiddos were happy to pitch in and help 😀
Gather your ingredients:
- 1 C white chocolate chips
- 1 T vegetable shortening (like Crisco)
- 1 pkg pretzel rods
- blue sugar sprinkles
- A handful of red candy melts
- 1 quart size freezer bag
Get to creating:
- Melt your white chocolate chips in a microwave safe cup, 30 seconds at a time, until melted and stir in between 30 second intervals. It takes me about 1 minute and 30 seconds total (I use a coffee cup).
- Add vegetable shortening and stir until melted. You may need to heat it for another 30 seconds.
- Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Dip 1 pretzel rod into the chocolate and gently rub off any excess chocolate on inside of mug.
- Dip the tip of the white chocolate coated end of the pretzel into the blue sugar (about 1-2 inches).
- Lay on parchment paper and continue this process with each pretzel rod.
- Once you are finished, place the pretzels in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, until chocolate is firm.
- Place red candy melts into freezer bag. Carefully heat up a cup of water for about 2 minutes in the microwave. Place the bag with the candy melts into the hot water until melted (about 1 minute).
- Carefully remove the bag with the candy melts from the hot water with a towel and snip the corner off of the bag to make a small hole.
- Squeeze red stripes onto the white portion of the pretzel rods then place back onto the parchment paper.
- When you are finished with each pretzel, place back in the refrigerator until firm (about 20 minutes).
- Place in decorative dish and serve!