Easy Strawberry Cheesecake Pinwheels
Oh my goodness y’all! These strawberry cheesecake pinwheels are the result of me experimenting with a few recipes and trying to find something new and fresh for our Super Bowl party. I wasn’t sure how these would turn out since pinwheels don’t always do great in the oven. These strawberry cheesecake pinwheels turned out perfect! You could replace the strawberries with your favorite fruit. I would imagine they would taste great with peaches, blueberries, apples, or really any fresh or canned fruit. I used strawberries because they’re delicious and always taste great, even when they’re not in season. My kids and husband went crazy for these and, I think, I’m going to be making more very soon 🙂 I hope you and your family enjoy these strawberry cheesecake pinwheels as much as we did.
Gather your ingredients:
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 6 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rolls or crescent sheet
Get to cookin’:
- Mix your cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract on low until the sugar is blended well, then mix on medium for 2 minutes. This will make the cream cheese mixture easier to spread.
- Unroll your crescent rolls in one large sheet onto parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, then spread the cream cheese mixture onto the crescent rolls leaving about two inches at the top empty.
- Lay the sliced strawberries flat on the cream cheese mixture until all of the cream cheese is covered in a single layer of strawberries, then start rolling the pastry. You can use the parchment paper to help you roll the pastry, then place in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Remove the pastry roll from the refrigerator and remove the parchment paper from around the roll and slice into 1-1 1/2 inch slices. Lay the slices on a prepared cookie sheet. I used parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to line the cookie sheet.
- Place in an over preheated to 350 degrees for about 17 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Carefully remove the pinwheels from the oven and allow to cool for about 30 minutes before transferring to a serving plate and dusting with powdered sugar.