Fun And Easy Totchos
You are going to LOVE these fun and easy totchos. They quickly became a favorite of our entire family when I started making them several years back. They are perfect for after a game or a busy night of homework. This is such a versatile dish too! You can substitute any potato or chips in place of the tater tots in this dish. You can make them as fun and healthy as you like. I love to add “hidden” veggies such as chopped spinach, cauliflower, or broccoli to this dish and my kids cannot tell the difference. Once you add the cheese; that really is all they are looking at. This is the basic totchos that we have most often and love to share with our friends. I am going to be making a bacon ranch cheeseburger version for an upcoming neighborhood karaoke night we are having. Get as simple or elaborate as you like, just have fun!
Gather your ingredients:
- 6 cups frozen tater tots
- 1/2 pound velveeta cheese (1/2 loaf)
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Jalapenos to taste
Get to cooking:
- Prepare the tater tots according to the package.
- While the tater tots are cooking, prepare the cheese: place cheese in double boiler or on stove top on low and stir constantly until melted. After the cheese is melted, add the milk to the cheese mixture.
- Once the tater tots are cooked and the cheese is melted; add the tater tots to a serving dish. Carefully pour the melted cheese on top of the tater tots. Layer the cheese blend, tomato, onion, black olives, sour cream, and jalapenos.
- Serve while hot. ENJOY!
- You can add anything you would normally eat on nachos to this dish.