Easy Homemade Strawberry Pie
We celebrated “pi day” yesterday with one of my favorite, most delicious, and right now, cheapest pie recipes. My daughters and I made this easy homemade strawberry pie! Piggly Wiggly had strawberries on sale for $0.99/pound this week, so I made 2 pies. Good thing I did make 2 because only 1/2 of 1 of left in the refrigerator LOL I’ll probably head back over to Piggly Wiggly today to pick up more strawberries and make a couple more pies. Everyone in our house LOVES this pie. Every time I make it; my son says I need to open a “Strawberry Pie Restaurant” 😀 I’m pretty sure they would eat all of my inventory! This is so super easy and I just know you’re going to LOVE it!
Gather your ingredients:
- 1# fresh strawberries
- 1 3 oz box of strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 pie crust (I have used both regular pie crust and graham cracker pie crust and they’re both delicious with this recipe)
Get to cooking:
- Remove cap from each strawberry and slice them in halves or fourths.
- Place strawberries in prepared pie crust.
- Combine water, sugar, and corn starch in pan on stove and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-high and continue cooking for about 3 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. It is a good idea to use a wire wisk for this portion to keep the corn starch from clumping.
- Remove the pot from heat and pour strawberry gelatin into sugar/water mixture and stir until dissolved.
- Pour gelatin mixture over your fresh strawberries. Place in refrigerator for about 3 hours or until chilled.
- ENJOY! See, I told you it was easy 😀