Slim Six-Layer Dip
It’s that time of year again! Time to start looking at your food choices and choose better, healthier foods. I am going to be adding tons of new healthy options for the new year. I can’t wait to get started. I guess I could start before the new year, but, well….This dip will be perfect with baked pita chips! My husband always eats high calorie and high fat foods. This will be a great alternative for me! I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15 -ounce cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili paste or your favorite hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 ripe avocados, preferably Hass
- Kosher salt
- 5 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat yogurt, preferably Greek
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce
- You can find the full recipe and list of ingredients over at the Food Network!