Clean Eating Fiesta Chicken Salad
This was supper for us tonight and, WOW; It was delicious! All of the flavor combinations came together beautifully. I will definitely be making this again. I am also going to prepare more of the dressing for use in fajitas and wrap sandwiches. Really you could use it in anything such as a veggie dip or eating on pitas! I hope y’all enjoy it as much as we did.
Gather your Ingredients:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups frozen yellow corn
- 1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1. boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 t cumin
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ t chili powder
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped. (separate the white from the green)
- 3 romaine hearts, chopped
- ½ cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
Get to cooking:
- Prepare dressing first by stirring together your Greek yogurt, chili powder, and white parts of green onions. Chill while you’re preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss corn, poblano and potato with oil in a bowl. Spread mixture onto a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and roast for 30 – 45 minutes until corn and poblano begin to brown and potato softens.
- While the veggies are roasting, add chicken to a preheated skillet and cook on medium high for 10 minutes. Stir often until browned.
- Add cumin, beans, and 1/4 cup water to the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Cover, reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Remove veggies from oven and let cool slightly. Divide your romaine hearts between 4 serving plates and top each with chicken mixture, vegetables, sprinkle with remaining green parts of green onions and cheese and top with dressing divided evenly.