Complete List of Summer Camps in Acadiana
Do you live in Acadiana? Are you looking for something fun to keep the kids busy and happy this summer? Well, you have come to the right spot! Acadiana’s Thrifty Mom has rounded up the biggest list of camps in Acadiana around! Be sure to check back often; I will be adding more as I find them
- Acadiana Cane Cutters summer baseball camp ~ Head Coach Lonny Landry and the Acadiana Cane Cutters will be hosting baseball camps for all youth ballplayers ages 6-14 this summer! Come out and learn everything from basic skills to the finer points of baseball with Coach Landry and some of the best college baseball players in the country. Each camp consists of two, half-day clinics at Fabacher Field, the home of the Acadiana Cane Cutters.
- Acadiana School of the Arts: ROCK CAMP! ~ Rock Camp 2014 will be June 23 – 27. This is the camp that started it all – reserve your slot before it fills up!
- Acadiana Symphony Orchestra ~ SUMMER PIANO & VISUAL ARTS CAMP ~ This Summer, the ASO Conservatory of Music is offering a Piano Camp for students of various ages and levels, to provide students with some supplemental FUN and learning experiences, to get a chance to explore new styles or areas of interest in all things PIANO! The Camps will also include art workshops so students can explore different ways of expression through music and visual art. Students must bring their own lunch. Snacks will be provided throughout the day.
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF ACADIANA SUMMER PROGRAMS ~ Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana’s has a 7 week summer program. This is a very busy time for the Clubs. The summer programs run 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. We will have openings for youth ages 6 to 18.
- Brick Zone ~ Summer Camp on June 9. We learn and build while having fun. It has been a wild ride, but I am enjoying helping kids learn. Please call (337) 839-8606 to register.
- Children’s Museum of Acadiana ~ HAM camp, Campstruction, Fun Friday, Jewelry Camp, Mural painting camp and Comic camp. Register On line TODAY or Call the CMA at 337.232.8500.
- Christian Youth Theater Camp ~ Join CYT summer camp and fill your day with theater workshops using a Broadway-style theme. Workshops include musical theater, voice, dance and drama. Other activities include high energy games and rehearsals for the Friday Showcase for family and friends.
- Cite des Arts Film Camp ~ Jim Phillips, veteran actor, artist, educator and “Maker” – Co-director and co-founder of The Steampunk and Makers Fair, Lafayette – brings years of experience in teaching, independent film production, storytelling, writing, and acting to They’re Gonna Put You In The Movies Summer Camp 2014.
- Episcopal School of Acadiana ~ ESA Summer combines the spirit of ESA’s academic and athletic programs with the fun and energy of summertime. Students are invited to extend their learning through hands-on activities that take advantage of the resources on ESA’s campuses and in the Acadiana community.
- KidCam Camp Lafayette & Broussard ~ For 40 years, KIDCAM has been delivering all of this and more for thousands of happy campers. We’ve taken the very best time of year for kids, and made it even better. With hand-selected camp locations throughout Louisiana, Texas and Illinois, you’re sure to find a KIDCAM summer camp that works for you.
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation ~ Summer Enrichment Program
- Lafayette Science Museum Summer Camp ~ They’ll dig into a wide range of scientific fields including space exploration, dinosaurs, the environment and more.
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) is hosting a Kids Fishing Day Camp for children 10 to 15 years of age at Woodworth Outdoor Education Center from June 9 through 12.
- LSU continuing education ~ For an enjoyable activity with lifelong benefits, we recommend one of our eight different reading skills programs designed and taught by instructors from the Institute of Reading Development. Programs have been offered as a community service by LSU Continuing Education, a non-profit organization, since 2003.
- Music Academy of Acadiana ~ Summer music camp at the Wesley United Minstry Center.
- Play & Learn with me Summer Camps 2014 ~ Our Fun Summer Camp offers an abundance of fun filled recreational, educational and creative activities for campers ages 3 – 8. We have a wide variety of themed camps to provide campers an experience best suited for their individual interests.
- Ragin Cajuns Athletic Camps ~ If applicable, discounts are applied at the end of the registration process. Please call 337-482-6380 if you have any camp registration questions.
- St. Thomas More summer camp schedule is designed to meet the summer needs of most families with sessions begining June 2 and running through August 1. No camps are offered the first week of July. Several camps have multiple sessions, with a few offering half day or full day options.
- The Little Gym ~ Summer classes and camps!
- University of Louisiana Youth Camps ~ University of Louisiana at Lafayette has a variety of summer camp programs for kids that are educational and fun! Through Discover U, your child has a unique opportunity to develop skills and learn new ones in a warm, friendly environment. Knowledgeable instructors will teach classes in a variety of subject areas with curriculum developed to encourage learning in a relaxed and creative atmosphere.
- VERMILIONVILLE: It takes a village ~ Vermilionville will be hosting our second annual summer camp series on four separate weeks during the summer months. Each week is tailored to a specific age group this year in order to provide age-appropriate and skill level demonstrations as well as hands-on craft opportunities.
- YMCA of Acadiana; Fun in the sun at the YMCA! ~ Summer Camp at the YMCA of Acadiana begins at 7:00 am and lasts until 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. We engage our campers through outside and inside play that is active in both mind and body. We service ages 5-12 years old, and divide our campers according to age and gender. Our Camp Counselors are made up of college students and Lafayette Parish teachers, and are trained to be role-models to all those who attend camp.
- Zoo of Acadiana Jungle Camp ~ A week in Jungle Camp exposes the campers to all of the wonderful things Zoosiana has to offer, including: daily zoo tours, arts, crafts, and activities; Playground time, behind the scenes tour, Special “Friday only” activities, educational animal programs (to include up-close enjoyment!), and more!
WinShape Camps offers day and overnight summer camp experiences for boys and girls of all ages.