Crunchy Asian Slaw
This is another favorite around our house. Are you starting to notice a theme here? We love food around our house LOL Seriously, I love making salads because it’s a great way to “sneak” healthy foods in on your little ones. there are so many ways to get some great, vitamin packed goodies in this one! Snow peas are a great addition to this dish. Be sure to let me know how you like this one. My aunt makes a version of this at our family gatherings and it is always gone fast 😀
Gather your ingredients:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (you can use regular or the broccoli slaw)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 2 ~ 3 ounce bags Ramen noodles, crushed (any flavor, I used chicken)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, place coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, crushed ramen noodles , and onions.
- In a medium mixing bowl add peanut oil, vinegar, sugar, 1 packet of seasoning from the ramen noodles, and soy sauce. Whisk together. Don’t worry if the sugar will not completely dissolve right away.
- Pour oil mixture over the coleslaw mix and toss everything together with a large spoon until everything is thoroughly coated.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours (this allows the sugar a chance to dissolve).
- Serve cold or room temperature.