Hot Chocolate Snowman
These were so much fun and easy peasy to make! This one will require the use of a hot glue gun. If you don’t have a hot glue gun, you can get one for $5 or less at most retail or craft stores, I use a very small one. Here are the super easy instructions to this fun gift craft:
Gather your supplies:
- 3 ~ 4 oz baby food jars with lids
- 4 oz hot cocoa mix (I use the pre-packaged kind. They’re on sale everywhere this time of year 🙂
- Peppermint candy (You can use the starlight mints or break candy canes into pieces)
- Miniature marshmallows
- Hot glue gun
- Orange permanent marker
- Black permanent marker
- Christmas ribbon of your choice
1. Empty baby food jars and remove the labels. Clean and dry the baby food jars.
2. Fill one jar with the 4 oz of dry hot cocoa mix, another with peppermint candies, and the third with miniature marshmallows and replace the lids.
3. Very carefully glue the bottom of the hot cocoa jar to the top of the peppermint candy jar, then glue the bottom of the marshmallow jar to the top of the hot cocoa mix jar.
4. Now you get to decorate! Draw eyes, nose, and mouth on the marshmallow jar. Draw “stick arms” on the hot cocoa mix jar. Next, you can either color the top of the marshmallow jar black or use black construction paper or ribbon to make the top hat. Then you get to make the scarf on the top of the hot cocoa mix jar. You can either use ribbon, felt, or permanent markers for this!
5. YOU’RE FINISHED! You can print out or hand write instructions for mixing the hot cocoa mix and include it with the gift.